Deadline: April 30, 2018.
Are you looking for mentoring to launch or grow your business or idea in Africa? Join the journey to receive free, online mentoring from over 400 entrepreneurs, investors and business owners.
The African Entrepreneurship Award offers $1 million to all eligible with an existing business or just an idea for one. The Award Journey is made up of 4 rounds of mentoring and starts by you taking a few minutes to submit an idea for Round 1. Once you hit the submit button, you begin a journey with real entrepreneurs who have been where you are today.
We seek out the best ideas from all over Africa and empower them to plan, launch and scale their businesses. We will finance and help build your idea into a sustainable business that employs people, improves your economy, and impacts lives in Africa.
Innovation: New technology, new business model or attempting to solve a problem that’s never been solved before in your region. An idea or invention which is or can become a good or service that creates value for which customers will pay.
Ex: Using a new technology (something new to the industry), or using a new business model (new way to deliver, collect, share), or solving a problem not solved before in your region.
- Is it durable?
- Is it multi-functional?
- Is it environmentally sustainable?
- Is it low cost?
Sports: Promotes integrity, perseverance and friendship to unite communities. An idea, prototype or startup business in the sports industry which is a Product (e.g. apparel, equipment), Production Method (e.g. supply chain), Service (education, health, spectator-experience, athlete-experience), Supplier (e.g. sources of materials, resources), Market (e.g. buyers) or Media (e.g. promotion, information).
- To what extent does it strengthen the economy?
- To what extent does it improve health of our youth?
- To what extent does it reflect values, especially integrity?
You, the entrepreneur, must meet the following criteria to submit your business proposal:
- You are a citizen, & over 18 years of age.
- Your idea or business is a for-profit.
- You have a strategy for positive social impact. You need to articulate the problem you are trying to solve as well as the solution you offer.
- Your idea fits in one of this year’s categories.
- Your idea is for Africa, or an African country.
- Your idea or business includes a technological component, (digital, machinery, computers, ICT, automated processes, field related technologies,)