Deadline: June 1, 2018
About Schneider Electric
As the global specialist in energy management and automation, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities, and enrich lives to ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
In just 35 years, almost 70% of the world’s population will live in urban centers. Cities are our future – why not integrate them with innovative urban policies and truly intelligent systems?
Solve any one of the following real-life case challenges within energy management or submit a bold idea for efficient energy management in a city environment.
Together with a partner, present your proposal through PDF or an infographic. Make it to the finals in the USA and stand to win the grand prize of a lifetime!
What’s your bold idea?
Choose from 5 competition categories
- No Boundary
- Digital Economy
- Cyber Security
- Sustainability and inclusive
- Smart Manufacturing & Supply Chain
How it Works
- Create your account.
- Take part in the quizzes to gain unique insights that will help you develop your idea. The participants with the highest scores stand to win the Go Green Champs Award.
- Team Up: Team up with a friend, or find a teammate through the competition platform! Both teammates must be studying in the same country, and each team must include at least one female member.
- Submit a Great Idea: Choose any one category and work on the case together with your partner. When you are ready, upload the case solution to the Team page.
Who can take part?
- Go Green in the City 2018 is open to two-member teams from anywhere in the world with at least one female member. To take part, you must:
- Be an MBA, Master’s or Bachelor’s student (at least 2nd year) in Business or Engineering.
- You and your teammate must study in the same country for the duration of the competition. You don’t have to be in the same university, study the same subject or be in the same year. Neither do you have to be citizens or permanent residents of the country.
- Be proficient in English.
Prizes and Awards to be Won
- In the semi-finals, participants will receive mentorship from Schneider Electric experts to polish their proposals, and make it to the final 10!
- The Top 10 teams will be invited on a fully sponsored trip to the USA to make their pitch in the Finals and win the Grand Prize.
- Take this chance to meet and learn from the winners of Innovation Summit Bold Ideas Challenge and network with top experts from Schneider Electric!
- The winning team will win job offers from Schneider Electric, and a trip to two of Schneider Electric’s international offices! *
- Social Star Awards: Top 10 finalist teams collect votes on their entries shared via Social Media. One team will win USD $500 for each team member.
- Women In Business Awards: Teams with two female members stand to win a place in the finals and a total cash prize of USD $1,000.
- Go Green Champs Awards: Go Green Champs Award will be awarded to the three teams that have the highest total score for the completed quizzes. As a Go Green Champ, you could win a 30-minute Skype session with one of the previous years’ winners to gain valuable insight into how they succeeded in the competition