Do you have what it takes to drive Thought For Food’s mission as one of 6 Regional Coordinators?
To kick off 2019 with even more energy and brainpower, aligned to the revised Thought For Food program, we’re looking for young changemakers who are driven to build an inclusive and sustainable food system with us!
- Commitment: 3 Years, starting in January 2019
- Availability: 10-15 hours a week to dedicate to TFF
YOUR ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute and advise on the organization’s overall strategy and program development
- Develop and lead a cohort of regional TFF Ambassadors to execute strategic activities that ensure the TFF impact of TFF’s programs
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with regional organizations
- Engage current and new community members in online and offline activities
- Build TFF’s brand awareness and thought leadership position as a critical force for change in the field of food and agriculture
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written).
- You are tech savvy – comfortable using Google docs and sheets, as well as social media platforms.
- You are detail-oriented, with a dedication to delivering high-quality outputs.
- You have the self-discipline required to work independently and are comfortable
working with a remote TFF core team.
- You have understanding of when and how to over-communicate to ensure team
members are involved in decisions to change strategy and deliver excellent
- You are resourceful, and able to come up with novel solutions to overcome the
uncanny-ness, unexpected, and last-minute situations and obstacles.
- You are able to work well under pressure, and willing to work extra hours in the
lead-up to major events/deadlines.
- You have a good sense of humor, are open minded to new ideas, and have
enthusiasm for the team and organization.
- You are interested in food, technology, science, art and agriculture.
- Invitation to in-person TFF Academy and fast-track for full/ partial sponsorship to TFF Community events
- Management experience; Annual fixed budget in accountability with activities
- Access to digital ecosystem and talent hub profile, discount for relevant events, letter of recommendation and linkedin reference, exposure on TFF Content Hub and more perks!
HOW WE HUSTLE AT TFF
Check if this aligns with your personal leadership skills!
- Fire in the belly:
Demonstrate passion for what we are doing. Move at light speed to own our market. This is not a 9 to 5 job – we are living and breathing the impact we are trying to achieve in real time.
Stamina to stick it out regardless of how hard things get. Perseverance to do what it takes to achieve our short-and long-term goals.
- Proactivity: Suggest new ideas and roll up your sleeves to take action that maximizes impact and adds value.
Use foresight to pre-empt and manage potential issues. If problems do happen, be open about them and find ways to solve them and turn them into opportunities.
Develop ambitious goals and strategies. Align priorities and objectives with the bigger picture.
Gain commitment of individuals and stakeholders (internal and external) in a compelling way.
Create an environment that supports creativity and sparks innovation.
Do all it takes to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Manage for performance:Skillfully plan, organize and monitor performance to create value and achieve excellence in delivery.
- Develop self and team:
Find opportunities for learning, development and growth.
Applications open until 23 November!
To submit your application, visit the application website here