About the VV GROW Fellowship
The VV GROW Fellowship is a leading accelerator program for women owners of small and medium sized enterprises from around the world. The program includes customized business skills training, technical assistance, leadership development, and access to networks to grow their businesses and increase their leadership impact. Through online and in-person trainings, fellows focus on strategy and long-term business value paired with action-oriented plans. They amplify their role as leaders in their businesses and their communities to create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth and produce wider social benefits.
The program is supported by our global founding partner, the ExxonMobil Foundation and our platinum sponsor, FedEx.
Learning and program outcomes: Through the fellowship, women entrepreneurs expand their knowledge about business planning, financial management, marketing, networking, leadership and other core topics related to entrepreneurship.
The one-year fellowship includes:
- Virtual Learning: Through a series of webinars, assignments, online courses, assessments, and one-on-one calls, fellows build their knowledge about core topics, assess and gain a greater understanding about the state of their business in order to develop a plan to grow.
- In-Person Training: Fellows participate in a four-day workshop during which they create an action plan to achieve their business growth goals. Fellows also get the opportunity to meet, network with, and learn from other fellows from across regions, Vital Voices staff and trainers and others.
- Growth Services and Support: Following the in-person training, Vital Voices staff connect fellows to individualized growth services and support.
- Women business owners who: Own a business that…
- Has been in operation for at least 3 years
- Employs at least 3 full time staff
- Generates at least USD $40,000 in annual sales
- Reside in the same country as their business for at least 7 months out of the year
- Are proficient in spoken and written English
As an interested applicant, you:
- Are enthusiastic about participating in a one-year business accelerator program
- Are motivated to learn new skills and make changes to grow your business
- Have the authority to make critical decisions within your business
- Have demonstrated leadership within your community
- Are willing to have Vital Voices track your business growth during the Fellowship, and up to 3 years afterwards and participate in data collection including online surveys and phone calls
The VV GROW Fellowship is a highly competitive program that provides customized business skills training and support valued at over $25,000 per participant. Through the fellowship, fellows will receive: Strengthened knowledge, skills, and confidence in business planning, leadership, financial management, networking, and marketing
- Guidance, training and support from global expert business trainers Vital Voices staff entrepreneurship team
- Access to online business management and leadership courses through Harvard Business School Publishing’s online platform, Harvard ManageMentor (HMM) for one year
- The opportunity to be a part of a Vital Voices network of women business leaders from across the globe
- Referral(s) to business support services tailored to your needs
- A certificate of program completion
- Admission into the Vital Voices Global Leadership Network upon graduation
What do I commit to as a fellow?
Fellows will be expected to contribute a participation fee of $1,500, which is approximately 5% of the overall program cost per participant.
Fellows commit to:
- 4-7 hours per week (January – May 2019) for webinars, homework assignments and phone calls
- Attend the entire 4-day in person training workshop in June 2019
- 2-3 hours per week (June – December 2019) for webinars, homework assignments and phone calls
- Submit surveys and participate in phone calls with Vital Voices to track your business growth during the fellowship and for up to three years afterwards
A limited number of need and merit based scholarships will be available to accepted applicants. Details will be provided in the notifications of acceptance.
What happens after I apply?
Applicants selected for the next round, will be contacted for a 1-hour Skype interview. All applicants will be notified about final decisions by December 14, 2018.
The application deadline is as follows: August 31, 2018
This application should take approximately 60 to 90 minutes to complete; however, you will be able to save your answers and return to the application at any time. To do this just click the “Save and continue survey later” message that appears at the top of the application and provide your email address. You will then receive an email with a personal link which you should use to return to your application.
The application must be completed in English. The application must be completed by the person applying for the fellowship.
Your personal and business information will remain confidential. Individual responses are only seen by Vital Voices staff and VV GROW trainers and they are used solely for program participant selection, and if selected, for program design, and monitoring and evaluation.
If selected, please note that selection is NON-TRANSFERABLE. The applicant may not transfer or share interview or program participation with another owner or employee of the business.
If you encounter questions or problems with the survey, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: VV GROW Fellowship Application